Caden

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Life with a newborn

I forgot what it was like to have a newborn. Things were different with Caleb because he was in the hospital for a week before he was able to come home. Caden has lost about 1 pound since he was born. I have been working on feeding him every 2-3 hours. He typically eats 2-3 ounces at each feeding. It seems like a lot, but I am comparing him to Caleb who would take 1 hour to eat 1 ounce. Caden is sleeping well. I am trying to rest when Caden is sleeping, but really, that is not happening like it should. I find things that I need to do. I feel bad because I can't take care of Caleb like normal. I feel like he is being neglected. For the most part I feel fine, but one side of me hurts when I sit in a position that is not comfortable. Hopefully the pain will go away soon. I am so ready to establish our routine as a new family.

1 comments:

Jacquie said...

I had SEVERAL melt downs in the first few weeks! But we are 2 months in and doing MUCH better.