Caden

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

Welcome to the world Caden Oswalt Eneks!
















Caden Oswalt Eneks was born at 8:37am on Tuesday, May 26, 2009. We weighed 9.15 lbs and was 19 inches long.

Monday was a very long day waiting for Caden to arrive. I told Greg Sunday night I wanted a steak and baked potato as my last dinner since I could not have anything after midnight and I knew I would be having a liquid diet after surgery. We went to Texas Roadhouse and it was awesome! Of course I was miserable because I ate too much and everything I ate and drank gave me heartburn. Of course that is now gone since I have delivered the baby.

I woke up at 4:30am Tuesday morning to get ready. I was prepared for this birth since I knew when I was going to have my c-section and I was determined to be ready since I was not ready with Caleb. Greg and I were both nervous about the surgery. I went to triage to get prepped for surgery while Greg waited in my room. Billy and Carolyn kept Caleb Monday night and had him there early that morning because I wanted to see him before I had Caden. Caleb did not know what to think seeing me in a bed hooked up to a bunch of different things. I really enjoyed seeing my first born baby before our lives changed. I was not feeling real well because I was very nervous. I had heartburn like never before. I was given medicine to relax the stomach acid in my stomach before going into surgery. I asked the nurse if it was going to make me throw up and she said no. Well.....before I even took the medicine, I started throwing up. The medicine worked and I walked to the operating room. Greg finally joined me after they gave me a spinal tap which immediately took effect. I felt immediate relief when Caden was pulled from my belly. Prior to the surgery, Greg and my doctor were talking and she thought he may be around 8 pounds. She said ultrasounds are often off on their estimated weight. Once she pulled one foot out, someone made the statement, "That is a big foot!" After Caden was pulled out, all I could hear was, "That is a big baby!" Greg went to take a look at him while I began throwing up. Don't really know why that happened. I was able to take one glance at my precious baby before he was taken to the nursery. I was in recovery for about an hour before I was able to go to my room. Greg and Caleb met me in my room. After I was settled in, I began seeing visitors. Caden was able to come to my room about 1:00. That was the first time I was able to hold him. I am truly blessed that everything went well.

We came home on Thursday. Caleb has done well so far. He gives Caden kisses and tries to help out by giving me his pacifier.

I am so happy and honored to be trusted with to precious boys who are gifts from God. Greg and I look at our new family and can't believe these boys are actually ours. I always thought I wanted a little girl, but I wouldn't give anything to have one.

0 comments: