Caden

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our own Cops episode

Friday night Greg and I lived through an episode of Cops. Greg was working days and goes to bed early because he wakes up at 4am to get ready for work. I was on the couch because of course I couldn't sleep. I was watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 episodes. I went to the bathroom and heard a siren from the distance. I thought to myself, "Hmmmm, I wonder where they are going?" I laid back on the couch and heard a loud noise that sounded like a gun shot. Two of them. I got off the couch as quick as I could which is not very quick to wake up Greg. As I was getting up, I heard someone banging on the door and screaming. I thought they were screaming Greg's name. I woke him up and told him someone was banging on our door. He grabbed his gun and went to answer the door. I saw a Chambers County Sheriff's car outside and told Greg, but he didn't hear me. He opened the door to be welcomed by a constable. He yelled at him to put his gun down. He closed the door, took a deep breath, and unloaded the gun. When he opened the door again they asked if I still had a knife. What?????? Which is what Greg said. Then they asked if the baby was ok? Greg told them he didn't know what they were talking about. They stated they had received a call and asked if we lived on Schaffer. Greg informed them we live on Range Lane. The street they were looking for is in the front of the neighborhood. They apologized and left. We have been missing our street sign since the hurricane. They later came back and knocked silently to apologize once again, but we didn't answer the door. Greg called the police and let them know someone was knocking, but he was not going to answer. What is so funny about the whole thing is that I am 38 weeks pregnant, Greg (a former Marine) opened the door with a gun, and they thought I was the one causing the trouble with a knife? And this is who protects us. We are very lucky that Greg or one of the officers was not shot.

0 comments: