Caden

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Mama

Just wanted to give an update on mama. She went to MD Anderson today for a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. Jenny was at the hospital today to be with her and daddy. I stayed home to take Caleb to the Dr. and mama did not think it was a good idea for me to be there all day in my "current condition." No matter how old we are, mama's still know what is good for us. It would have been a long day. The first part of her surgery went well. They removed a lymph node and were going to biopsy it to make sure the cancer has not spread. Because her cancer is so small, the Dr. did not think it had spread and the biopsy they do in the operating room would not pick it up. The second half of her surgery was the reconstructive surgery. Jenny called around 2:30 and she was in recovery. They should be able to see her around 6pm. I am hoping to get up there sometime this week, but since I live in Baytown, I will be a bigger help here than while she is at the hospital. Caleb would also need to stay away for a few days since he has been sick and is currently on breathing treatments and medicine to get him better. I had a weight lifted off my shoulders now that her surgery is over. This is one thing I wanted to make it through before the baby comes. Next is the TAKS test which is at the end of April.

0 comments: