Caden

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Tropical Storm Edouard




Tropical Storm Edouard hit Baytown on Tuesday, August 5th. The news informed us it would be a good storm. Greg and I went to Walmart Monday night like the rest of the town to get prepared. I really just wanted to make sure that Caleb was taken care of. We needed enough diapers, wipes, and formula in case Walmart and Target were hit hard by the storm. Many of the aisles in Walmart were bare. We really didn't get too many things for us. We already had two jugs of water from the last storm. The storm wasn't even bad. The satellite never even went out! This was amazing because on Sunday we did lose reception briefly during a thunderstorm.

It rained really hard, but it wasn't bad. My sweet, precious husband even went to Walmart during the storm because my heating pad had gone out and my neck was hurting me really bad. Thank you Greg for thinking of me, buying a new, really big heating pad, buying and rubbing Icy Hot on my neck. I love you very much!

This was the first storm Caleb was present for. Caleb was still in the tummy for the last tropical storm that swept through Baytown, Humberto. Of course, he wanted to be here for that storm. That is why he decided to come 5 weeks early. At first the Dr. had a different plan, but later sided with Caleb and let him come right on out. Well, he came out 18 hours later. The funny thing was that I told my teaching partners that I would be having a baby the night of the storm because the weather has a tendency to make people go into labor. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut!

Here is a picture of "Caleb's" palm tree blowing in the wind.

0 comments: