Caden

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Sniff, Sniff


Well, after starting out the year with a bang, I got some devastating news on Tuesday. The 4th grade team was called in a meeting. At that time, we were told that due to our numbers, we would be losing a 4th grade teacher. At that time, we were asked if anyone wanted to volunteer. Of course, no one did. It then fell to the person who last signed their contract. That just happened to be me. I was transferred to Harlem. I am now teaching 3rd grade. It was extremely difficult for me to leave. I loved 3 of my team members very much. I cried all day Wednesday as did my kids. I packed Thursday morning and the movers came that afternoon. I spent the day at Harlem setting up my new room. I deeply miss my friends, but know that at this time, God needed me at Harlem. My precious Alamo staff had flowers delivered to me today. Of course, it made me want to tear up again. I am truly blessed to have been able to work at Alamo. Hopefully one day I can go back.

1 comments:

Jacquie said...

Oh Kim! I am so sorry! So do they only have 3 now or 4? I hope you like it at Harlem!