Caden

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Henry the Hummingbird









The kids and I were going to go to mama and daddy's tonight since Greg was at work, but I had issues getting the garage door to close. This has happened to me once before and I had to call Greg to come home and close it. Well, he was at work and couldn't leave just to help close the door. He told me I was going to have to pull the red thingie to get it to manually close. Before I had a change to do this, I heard something flying around in the garage. I thought it was a bat at first, but realized it was a hummingbird. I have decided that hummingbirds must be stupid because he couldn't figure out how to fly out of the garage. I tried to swat at him with a mop, but he wouldn't fly toward the door. I went ahead and closed the garage door. Hopefully we won't have a dead hummingbird tomorrow.
I really did try and save him.

1 comments:

jani3705 said...

It looks like a female Ruby-throated hummingbird. It must not be well, because they are very aggressive, normally. If you do find it dead, it was probably dying.