Caden

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

Check-up Time!

Caden turned 2 months old on Sunday which meant it was time for him to get shots. The boys had an appointment on Monday. I also had remembered the doctor telling me that Caleb would also be getting shots. Mama went with me to take the boys to the doctor because Greg was working. I had already given both of them Tylenol before I left home, so they would be ready. Here is how things went.

Caleb was weighed first. Let's see...he repeatedly moved the bar on the scale and the nurse had problems weighing him. I finally had to give him my ponytail to play with and keep him occupied. He ran around the room. He used the ear thingy as a phone. He got 2 shots...he screamed... Caleb now weighs 21.10 lbs and is 33.25 inches tall.

Caden got 3 shots...he cried..but calmed down quickly. The doctor is watching his hips because he was a breached baby, they will sometimes have hip problems if they are scrunched up in the womb, which he was because he was soooo big. He could possible have an x-ray in September, but for now, she said things look fine with his hips. Caden weighed 11.3 lbs and is 23.25 inches tall. He is in the 50% for his weight and the 75% for his height. I took him back to the doctor on Friday for his rotavirus vaccine and he had gained 3 more ounces. He is such a big boy!

Both boys did great after their shots and were not fussy at all!

0 comments: