Caden

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

This past week

I decided to go ahead and update everyone on what has been going on the past week. My mom had an abnormal mammogram during December which resulted in her having another mammogram and ultrasound. She still did not get the results we were hoping for. She had a biopsy 1/22. At that time, her doctor believed it was in her best interest to get a second opinion at MD Anderson . She spent last Tuesday at MD Anderson undergoing a lot of additional testing to determine if she had cancer. She asked the radiologist if he could tell her anything and he said it wasn't great news, but the good news was that it was not in her lymph nodes. I stayed as strong as I could while talking with her, but after I hung up the phone, it was a different story. I was upset all day Wednesday thinking about what she would find out at her appointment on Thursday. It really upset me that she may not be around for my kids and they would not have the privilege of knowing her. I had a literacy meeting Thursday morning so I was able to be distracted without being distracted in front of the kids in my class. She found out that she has stage 0 cancer which I guess if you are going to have it, stage 0 is what one would hope for. She is having another biopsy today to check a couple other spots. After she finds out the results from today, she will decide her course of treatment. The family spent the weekend together and everyone seemed to be upbeat.

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

I am so sorry Kim! Your family will be in my prayers!!

jen498 said...

Kim, please give your mom my love and support. Your parents were soo good to me when I lived in Baytown. I'll be praying for you and your family.